A few days ago you had a glimpse into RM Sotera's writing life, and today I wanted to share a few questions that have been asked of me in the past & my answers. :)
Q1: What is the best writing advice you ever received?
A1: Plant butt in chair and write every day. Turn off that internal editor and just write. Granted, sometimes I think this bit of advice is easier said than done—life gets in the way, the editing muse won’t shut up—but still, the advice is sound if one wants to be a successful writer.
Q2: What is a “must-have” for a writer’s bookshelf?
A2: I have a few… A good dictionary and thesaurus or links to online versions (for the basics); The Romance Writers’ Phrase Book by Jean Kent, Candace Shelton & The Millennium Phrase Book for Romance Writers by Rebecca Andrews (for creative inspiration); The Writer’s Journey by Christopher Vogler (for story structure/inspiration)
Q3: How do you cope with set-backs?
A3: My level on how well I deal — let it roll off, get angry, get down, etc. — depends upon the set-back, but I usually have a good talk with a close friend or two and/or hubby and they help me to find solutions and feel better about what’s going on.
* In life and the afterlife, on the Double D Ranch one belief holds true—the power of love changes lives.
* With cowboys, ghosts, modern day women, hot dreams, pre-wedding relations and a bit of sexy time travel, life promises to be one wild time on the ranch again.
* Rachel Star has met the man of her dreams … literally. Too bad he’s a ghost. When true love crosses boundaries from dreams to reality and across time, the Double D ranch is the place it happens. It takes the love of a man from the past, Dalton Dougan, to bring love full circle in the present for Rachel.
* Bristol Ashcombe, soon to be Dougan, is ready to have her baby … and so is a poltergeist. Can the love of a woman for her man and child sustain her during the most horrible of terrors? Can the love between family and friends really dispel the evil haunting them?
* Wild West Hauntings — Double D Ranch Tales (Book 2), a contemporary, paranormal, erotic romance story set in Nevada.
For more on the first book in the series, Wild West Weekend, & the second book, Wild West Hauntings, visit The Double D Blog
Happy Reading from C.R. Moss