Howdy all! I'm combining my post for Hump Day Hook with a bl0g h0p my publisher has put together. Info on it can be found below. Feel free to enter the challenge if you like or just comment as usual for the HDH. Actually it'd be great if you could vote for Andrew Mathison/Dalton Dougan RM's and my hero for the challenge via the voting link that's offered below. We'd appreciate it! :) This week's h00k is from Wild West Hauntings and is when Andrew first comes on the scene.
* The doors to the outside swung open. Bright morning light burst into the room, backlit the two large figures coming in.
* “Dakota,” Cassie called. “Come join the celebration. Marianne and Miguel are going to get married.”
* “Be right there. I need to settle a guest in.”
* Rachel’s gaze followed the two men as they sauntered over to the office. The shorter man’s stature stuck a chord of familiarity in her, but his head was covered with a cowboy hat and a shadow obscured his face.
* So much of the situation reminded her of how she used to see Dalton. Come on, dude. Turn around. Dakota went in and came out of the office with a key that he handed to the newcomer. Come on. Both men finally faced the group.
* Rachel gasped and tugged on her sister’s shirt.
* Marianne bent toward her. “What?”
* “It’s him,” Rachel whispered staring at the man’s profile as he continued to talk to Dakota.
* Her sister looked up at the guy. “Him who?”
* “The guy I dated in college. Andrew. He’s changed a bit, but I’m almost definite it’s him.” Different was an understatement. There seemed to be more muscular bulk to his body. His face had lost its roundness, was chiseled and highlighted with a scruffy five o’clock shadow. Tight jeans adorned his legs, accentuating a great looking ass.
* “How so?”
* Rachel didn’t want to go into all the nitty gritty details that she was noticing, so she offered a few basics. “Looks like he grew his hair out and went back to his natural color. He used to dye it blonde.”
* Miguel raised a brow. “A man dying his hair?”
* “Yeah,” Rachel replied. “He was a total metrosexual. We went together to have manicures and pedicures a couple of times. He was always clean shaven, very put together. He figured if he was going to be a psychiatrist in the city, he’d have an image that he’d have to maintain. Marianne, why didn’t you tell me he’d be here?”
* “I didn’t know.”
* “Folks,” Dakota announced walking over to them with the man at his side, who’d removed his hat. “I’d like to introduce a long lost cousin. Everyone, meet Andrew.”
* Andrew took turns shaking hands and greeting each person. An easy smile lit his face. The longer brown locks of his hair curled over his forehead and ears. Laugh lines creased around his eyes.
* Dalton. Rachel’s heart sped up as her stomach dropped. She flung her hand out to grasp onto her sister.
* “Are you all right?” Marianne inquired sotto voce.
* “Yeah, I’m just seeing a ghost.”
They can be strong and sexy, dark and dangerous, rebellious and reckless or cute and quirky. We love to fall in love with these irresistible heroes and Evernight Publishing has them all!
The authors of Evernight Publishing invite you to a Speed Date challenge. Their cowboys, Doms, detectives, millionaires, royalty, vampires, soldiers, shifters, even steam-powered heroes are waiting to meet you on each author website. 50 heroes in 7 days! Are you up for the challenge?
Pull up a chair and get to know every single one.
And get this – There are prizes to be had! What’s up for grabs?
** One lucky hopper will win a KINDLE PAPERWHITE eREADER sponsored by Evernight Publishing.
** Every book blogger/reviewer site is giving away one free eBook from Evernight Publishing (winner’s choice of any eBook from Evernight Publishing’s website).
** Plus, each author offers their own unique prize! So visit each blog hop stop for a host of fabulous prizes to win. RM and I are going to give one lucky winner their choice of one signed print copy of one of our books along with something special (bought at Adam & Eve and it ties into Wild West Hauntings) that’s a surprise! Print books to choose from include: Wild West Weekend by C.R. Moss & RM Sotera - or - Cassadaga Moon by RM Sotera - or - Tracked by Casey Moss - or - Fate’s Deal by C.R. Moss (Information on these print books can be found on our websites.) OR ~ Should the winner choose, s/he can be put on a wait list for when Wild West Hauntings is available in print, which should be sometime during the summer of 2013. Also, if you're attending Hot Mojave Knights let us know and we'll put you in a second drawing for an extra special intimate event with C.R. & RM.
How to enter?
** Answer this question: Why do you like cowboys and/or Western stories? Be sure you leave the answer, your name AND your email address in the comments below to be eligible to win a prize. For extra entries into our individual blog prize, feel free to follow this blog via google connect in the column to the left and/or share this post via the share buttons under this post and let us know you shared.
** Keep hopping to the next author or blogger. After you’ve met each hero click here to vote for your favorite book boyfriend. You’ll earn an extra grand prize entry!
- and -
You’re one step closer to meeting your next Book Boyfriend... Visit the links at the bottom of the first day's post click here for list.
Please don't forget to stop by and read the other authors participating in this week's HDH ~ http://humpdayhook.blogspot.co.uk
RM and I have 2 novellas and a third novel length story in the works for this saga. We're also planning a special intimate event at Hot Mojave Knights ~ A Romance Readers' Event in Las Vegas regarding our Wild West series of books! So come out, meet us, enjoy the weekend and find out what we have planned for the series. And if you follow this blog and the C.R.'s Blog, keep an eye out for upcoming bl0g h0ps for prizes and an extra special HMK prize from me and RM Sotera. ;)
The Double D Ranch Tales
The Double D Ranch Tales ~ Fictional tales set on a fictional ranch and other locales in southern Nevada. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. ~ Happy Reading!