What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Lorraine Nelson is a multi-published author who lives in rural New Brunswick, on the east coast of Canada. Always a bookworm, she’s read many novels of romance and mystery over the years, finally deciding to put her pen to work at writing one.
* “To write romance and romantic suspense is my dream come true, although my mom says I was born with an avid imagination and pencil in hand, crafting stories from an early age. Now my children have grown and have lives of their own, I have time to indulge my passion for writing.”
* Lorraine lives alone with an independent yet affectionate tomcat, enjoys spending time with her three sons and five grandchildren, with a sixth due in December. When not at the computer, you can find her spending time with family, gardening, baking and, of course, reading.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
Bad Boy Blake is the story of the town bad boy turned Sheriff and the dancer he fell in love with.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
I saw an article on pole dancing and a friend and I were discussing it when the idea hit.
Describe the hero in five words.
Gorgeous, sexy, honest, dependable, loving.
Describe the heroine in five words.
Beautiful, sexy, feisty, mysterious, graceful.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
Blake…I always fall a little in love with my heroes. :)
What's your favorite line in the story?
Well, this is more than one, but it’s cute. :)
* She stood with him, forgetting to belt her robe and the movement caused the front to gape open. Blake’s quick, indrawn breath was her first clue, the cool air causing her nipples to tighten in response, the second.
* He’d been holding her at his side but now his hands gently turned her and slid down over her shoulders, resting on her upper arms. His voice hoarse with emotion, he breathed, “You are so beautiful.”
* Right then, she wanted his hands on her, all of her. She yearned to feel him skin-to-skin, to bare his silken shaft to her greedy eyes and hands before he plunged into her aching center. But he had work to do, serious work. Her needs would have to wait. “What’s the matter, Bennett? Never saw a true redhead before?”
* Red was the color creeping up under his collar as he realized she’d caught him staring, but as her words registered, he laughed. “You sure do have a way with words.”
A look into the story Bad Boy Blake
* Gina West is a professional dancer, who retired from the stage, and moves to Westonville, NB, to start her own dance studio. But Gina is not who she claims to be, and when strange things start happening…vengeful threats and vandalism…Blake begins digging for the truth. In his role as protector, he begins to fall for Gina, but will her lies and subterfuge destroy any chance for them to be together?
* “Woman, you’re driving me crazy.”
* Pushing away from him she asked, “Me? What did I do?”
* “Now that I know what’s hidden under that robe, my hands are itching to peel it off you again.”
* “What’s stopping you?” she said as she swiftly untied the sash, shrugged the robe off her shoulders and let it drop to the floor.
* Just as fast was his reaction as he picked her straight up in the air and set her down on the counter. He chuckled in response to her shriek as the smooth, icy marble met her bare backside and she arched backward, supporting her weight on her hands. Quick to take advantage, he swooped in to devour her breasts with his hands and mouth.
* Her legs wrapped around him of their own volition, urging him closer, closer…and then his cell phone rang.
* He ceased ministering to her body and allowed his head to rest in the valley of her newly sensitized orbs. She ran her fingers through his hair, a touch on the long side for a man in his profession, her actions serving to hold him against her.
* “I have to go,” he mumbled against her skin.
* “I know.”
* “We’ll finish this later,” he said, promise inherent in his words.
* He lifted his head and covered her mouth with his, their tongues mating, creating their own magic as they thrust and parried, suckled and withdrew. His hands cupped her buttocks as he lifted her and set her on her feet.
* “This is the first time in my years as Sheriff that I allowed anything or anybody to come between me and my job. What kind of spell have you cast over me?” he teased.
* “Not a strong enough one, apparently.” Then seeing his confusion, she added, “You’re only human, Blake. The job isn’t the sum total of who you are as a man.”
* “Maybe not, but I’ve measured myself by it for a long time.”
* “Then maybe you were due for a change.” She smoothed his hair back into place with her hands.
* “You could be right. We’ll discuss this later. Right now, I have to see how Rob is and if forensics found anything downstairs, then I’ll have them come up here.” His eyes traveled the length of her body as he spoke. “Better get some clothes on or I won’t be the only one who knows your secret.”
* “What secret?”
* “That you are indeed a true redhead.”
Buy Bad Boy Blake here...
All Romance eBooks
Lorraine loves to hear from readers. You can keep up with her releases by visiting any of the following places:
Lorraine’s books are listed on her website. You’ll find blurbs, excerpts, reviews, and purchase links here: Website
The Talent Cave
If you’re a kindle owner, you can check out her author page on: Amazon
Message from Lorraine...
To celebrate my first year in publication, I’ll be giving away 3 ebook copies of Bad Boy Blake. Just leave a comment to get your name in the draw. I’d be interested to know which, if any, of my books you’ve read and what your thoughts are on them. If I’m a new to you author, let me know that as well. 9 stops, 9 chances to win! Winners will be announced November 10th.
Thank you for joining us here today, Lorraine! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work. Below are the links where you can find Lorraine on her tour.
Blog Tour Schedule for Bad Boy Blake:
Date -- Host/Hostess & Blog url
30 -- Lorraine Nelson http://lorrainenelson.wordpress.com
31 -- Lia Davis http://booksamour.blogspot.com/
1 -- Cr Moss http://doubledranchtales.blogspot.com/
2 -- Tara Chevrestt http://wwwbookbabe.blogspot.ca/
3 -- Kacey Hammell http://kaceyhammellkreations.blogspot.com/
4 -- W Lynn Chantale http://wlynnchantale-decadentdecisions.blogspot.ca/
5 -- Leslie Stockton http://workout2day4evr.wordpress.com/
6 -- London Saint James http://londonsj.blogspot.com/
7 -- Doris O’Connor http://thetardisscribbles.blogspot.com/